Saturday, February 23, 2008

New York

So last night Meredyth and I hung out in the dorms and watched I Am Legend and The Interpreter. I'm pretty sure the world didn't really like either of these movies thaaat much, but Meredyth and I both like them. Although I was ridiculously jumpy for I Am Legend, and whenever the zombie people came out I nearly lost it. Not really sure why. Usually I can handle shit like that.

Anyways, both of these films take place in New York City, somewhere I GET TO GO TO in a few months! I am so incredibly excited it's unbelievable.

I don't know if people really get how excited about travel I am. First off, my family doesn't travel all that much. A family vacation to us is driving three hours north and pitching a tent for a week. It's fun, but it's what we always do. I have been fortunate enough to see a few places, mostly in the past few years, but a family vacation to somewhere like Colorado is going to be centered on hiking and camping, you know. Mostly it's because my step-dad loves to camp and he loves nature. And, since he is pretty much the sole supporter of my family, he sort of gets to pick what we do when we are on vacation.

Not anymore.

Now I'm old enough, and I'm starting to have enough money, that I can take myself places. Like when I went to Missouri for the Tour of Missouri last fall. I did that all on my own, and I had a blast. This New York thing is similar. I found a program that I wanted to do, that allows me to see a new part of the world. No parental intervention.

So I guess the reason I am so excited for this trip is that I got to pick it, not my step-dad. The trips he picked were fun, I'm not gonna lie, but they weren't really what I want to do.

God I hope I get into Paris.

No comments: