Sunday, February 17, 2008

At Home Pt. 4

I'M TRAPPED IN MY HOUSE!!!

So secretly I knew that this was probably going to happen, and I decided not to take the bus back yesterday when I probably should have. OH WELL. I woke up at 8 this morning and we had gotten two inches of ice, and the whole town is SHUT DOWN. Like no cars are out, nothing is open... my bus for today was canceled (not that I would have taken it). So yeah, I'm not going to even be able to leave my house until the snow stops (which is supposed to be like midnight I think), and I won't catch a bus till tomorrow morning.

This complicates things slightly, as I have a midterm at 1030 tomorrow with a professor that doesn't really like me because I skip her class a lot (because 1030-1230 is seriously the worst time to schedule a class...). So now I've got to sound convincing that I'm actually trapped in Wisconsin and not trying to give her an excuse to skip her test. Funny.

My stepdad is also mad at me because I was "irresponsible" and didn't take the bus back yesterday. Mostly he just wants me out of the house, because dealing with kids is "such a burden." Whatever, he can suck it. I'll eat his food and take up too much time in the bathroom.

So the plan is to study all day today (aka play on my computer) so that it looks like I'm this amazing responsible person, and so the family won't bug me. And then hopefully Iglika will e-mail me and be all nice about me missing her test tomorrow, and give me an extension or something, because seriously I don't know any of this shit.

Oh Wisconsin + snow. Greatest duo ever.

No comments: