Saturday, February 16, 2008

At Home Pt. 3

So within 30 min of me posting my last post, Greg calls and I'm off downtown with him and Schachte to watch the Badger game at the Kohl Center. Man, blogging must be like magic. The three of us had a good time. The Badgers weren't that great, but they pulled it off in the end, somehow managing to beat Minnesota by 9. Not really sure when and how that happened, but we'll take it. Afterwards we went to Panchero's for what I think is the worst fake-mexican food ever (the boys worship the place for some reason) and we ended up talking a lot of shit about this and that. Mostly sports and politics as per usual. We also laughed at how dumb our other friends are, which is always fun.

When I got home I got to witness a stellar screaming match between my mom and my brother. My mom is convinced my brother got fired from his job, and is now "fake-working" if you will. Honestly its a bit of a stretch, but whatever. I got to tell my brothers friends to leave when they showed up at one point, and I wrestled my brother down into a snow bank when he was trying to escape too. He can be such an idiot. Mom and I won the battle though, and she is seriously going to drive him to work and talk to his manager tomorrow just to make sure he has a real job. Funny.

OH, and my maybe-stepmom (not really sure about this?) Roxanne keeps calling on behalf of my estranged father who wants to see me and my brother (because he's maybe dying?). Kinda sketchy, but seriously, can shit get any weirder?

This evening my mom, Kate, and I layed around the living room and listened to the Beatles. Love it. We were going to rent a movie, but it's so fucking cold outside none of us could really bother to get dressed up to go outside. It has been decided that summer, or spring at least, can not come soon enough. Seriously, Madison is forecasted to get like a foot of snow tomorrow. Bitch please.

Now my whole family is asleep, and I'm wide awake and not really sure what to do with myself. Watch TV? Read a book? Dare I say it, homework? Fuck no, I'll probably go sleep soon. I'm just hoping I can make it back tomorrow. Mostly because I have a bio test on Monday morning and I'm pretty sure Iglika already hates me. I don't know if she'd buy the whole, I'm trapped in Wisconsin e-mail as an excuse to get out of it. My parents said they'd call her if I get stuck here, but seriously, that is SO high school. And I can't let my soccer team down in our last game tomorrow night. Here's to hoping that this snowstorm isn't all that its cracked up to be...

----------------------------------------

*ALSO*

I took pictures of the snow, but my cable to put them on the computer is at school, so I'll share them tomorrow/whenever I make it back (hopefully tomorrow?). They are pretty ridiculous, but I guess if I get stuck I can put up even more ridiculous pictures?

No comments: