Friday, February 15, 2008

At Home Pt. 1

So I've decided to regale you with a multi-part series about me being at home for the weekend. Thrilling, I know. So, it's Suicide Prevention Weekend, which mostly means we get a day off of school on Friday (today) because it's like the exact middle of the school year or something. I came home last year, and I decided to come home this year as well. Mostly because I like getting away from Chicago for a few days, and because Wisconsin is seriously one of the best places in the world.

So I took the bus up yesterday morning. It was pretty uneventful minus the really hot Spanish guy I sat by between Rockford and Janesville. He was on his phone the whole time and had a very sexy accent. And he smelled good. It made the shitty bus just a little better.

When I got into Madison I noticed one thing. THERE IS A SHITLOAD OF SNOW HERE. Seriously, I have no idea where it came from, but they have like three feet of snow on the ground. My mom told me that some of the big piles from shoveling aren't expected to melt until like June. Sucks. I'll go try to take some cute pictures of it later so you guys can see. It's seriously ridiculous.

Last night I didn't do much. Well, I watched Survivor which is always a good time. I think later this week I'll put up my analysis of the season so far or something. Just for kicks. I also talked politics with my Step-Dad for awhile. He's not too bad to talk to, except he reads LOTS of opinion pieces and seems kinda ill-informed or biased. Like whenever I would throw out a crazy hypothetical he would shot it down by saying that whatever columnist said this, blah blah blah, it can't happen. Like yeah, that's what the columnist thinks, BUT WHAT DO YOU THINK? That's whats ultimately the most important.

So then I went to bed early (aka 9:30pm) and slept till 11:00 which was super nice, because my bed here is seriously amazing. My mom took me to target this morning to buy some treats and some cleaning stuff for the suite back at school, and then I raided Old Navy (as per usual). I think someone needs to cut my debit card in half, because whenever I go to that damn store I spend TOO MUCH money. But I buy cute things so I guess it's ok. I got a new winter coat for $7, and some hoodies, and I spent my annual $5 on two pairs of flip-flops (because Old Navy's are the best, duh). So I don't really know how I'm going to get everything back to Chicago, but I'll, as Tim Gunn says, MAKE IT WORK.

Ok, that's all for now. More later, promise.

No comments: