Sunday, January 6, 2008

WQ 2008

So I've arrived back in Chicago for my Winter Quarter. This is typically the worst Quarter of them all. Partially because it's winter, the most depressing time of year. And partially because it is the middle of the year. Sort of like a Wednesday. The excitement of a new year has worn off, but its a bit too early to start thinking about summer. Like a Wednesday, its the hump of the year. Get past Winter Quarter and it's all good.

This Quarter shouldn't be too terrible in terms of course work. I've got War and the Nation State with John Mearsheimer, which should be awesome. I've also got a pretty cool sounding French Lit Class, and I'm oddly looking forward to International Studies even though last Quarter sucked. The only class I'm dreading is Core Biology. Mostly because it's Core Biology. I mean come on. Why do I have to take this shit?

Work shouldn't be too bad. I'm going to try to save up as much money as humanly possible this Quarter. That means hardcore hours for NSP, working as an official for IM Sports, and potentially working for the Dept. of Youth Services depending on how things work out. And I might do some Psych studies too. I just need lots of money.

In terms of abroad, this is it. My application is due in less than a month, so I've really got to sit down and start working on it. This Quarter sucks because it is all anticipation and anxiety. I don't find out if I get in until the very end of the Quarter. If I get in, Spring Quarter should be awesome. If not, I'm going to have to work something else out. I'm going no matter what though, but it would be better if I got Civ Credit for it.

Yuck, less than 12 hours till classes start again. It wouldn't be so bad if Biology wasn't first.




**UPDATE**

Also, it sounds like my parents aren't going to get an online divorce anymore. Apparently they worked things out? Oh, and my brother came home. He called me and I screamed at him for like twenty minutes. I think things will be ok? Hopefully.

1 comment:

ms said...

do you think it would be legit to use 'blogging' as an extracurricularactivity?