Saturday, January 19, 2008

If I Look Emaciated...

If you can see my ribs or whatever, don't be worried. Basically I've come to the realization that the UofC is going to starve me over the next few weeks. Sort of.

See I can't stand the food at Bartlett (the dining hall) anymore. Its the same stuff, ALL OF THE TIME. And its not that healthy, and really heavy food. I mean no wonder there's the Freshmen 15 or whatever. Yesterday, for example, I stood up in the food area of Bartlett for like 10 minutes before a kid that lives down the hall from me told me I should get a Grilled Cheese. I couldn't decide what I wanted, BECAUSE NOTHING LOOKED GOOD. Seriously, we have so many choices, but I've had them all like 50 times, and now they don't seem appetizing.

An easy way to fix this would be to go to the grocery store and start cooking for myself, right? NOT POSSIBLE! Our looking grocery store is closing tomorrow to go out of business, and a new one isn't moving in for at least a few weeks. SERIOUSLY! So no groceries! It's a scandal!

So my options are these: 1) I suck it up and eat Bartlett food. I could do this, but seriously I can't take it anymore! 2) I buy limited groceries from Walgreen's. This is a possibility, but they don't have produce or fresh bread or anything. 3) I beg my mom to send me snacks. She did once, and if things continue I'll beg again. 4) I venture to a grocery store out of Hyde Park. I wish I could do this but I don't have the TIME! 5) Bart Mart? Yeah, my flex can't handle this. 6) I starve. This is what it looks like will be happening... I can't wait.

No comments: