Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Straight Long Hair

I want my old hair back. You know, that hair I had back in high school. It was long and brown and thick and board straight. I LOVED THAT HAIR. It worked on me, you know? My senior graduation pictures look really great because I had great hair.

Right now my hair is in this weird limbo state. Its mid-length, with kind of weird layers in it. Its really bushy, and can't decide if it wants to be straight or wavy. Instead it just kind of is. Like a mess of tangles and frizz and weird lengths and puff. I HATE IT.

I guess its all my fault really. I got really bored and experimental with my hair last year. In November of my first year I cut a good portion of my long, lush hair right off. Just a straight chop. I tried different hairstyles and got it cut even shorter over the holidays. And then at the beginning of last summer I got it permed. It was completely different than it used to be. I looked completely different.

Maybe because I wanted to find someone different? All of this hair experimentation started with the beginning of college. I felt my long straight hair was my high school hair, so I tried to find something different, more mature, not me.

This has happened once before, right before I started high school. The unfortunate result of that was some really gross orange highlights due to the excessive use of sun-in. NEVER AGAIN.

I guess when I start new things, like new schools, I feel like I need to start anew completely. To be someone else. It takes a year or more for me to realize that I generally like who I am, and that I don't need to change anything about myself.

That said I'm letting my hair grow out. I'm going to do everything I can to destroy whats left off my bad perm and let my hair be straight again. I'm going back to how my hair has always been, because I LOVE THAT HAIR. And I love that Nora too.