Thursday, January 24, 2008

7 months.

So I don't remember a word that was said in French class this morning. Not a thing. I do remember shouting out "l'eglise" (the church) at one point, but I don't remember what the question was. I got shot down by Professor Morrissey anyways.

Anyways, I was daydreaming the whole class about going abroad for two quarters, and trying to figure out in my head how I could make it work financially. I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to go to the abroad office in like 30 minutes and ask them if it is even possible. If it is then I'm going to apply for the winter quarter program and beg my mom to let me take out loans or something.

What got me thinking was the fact that if I only do one quarter I will be there for only 11 weeks or so. That's like 3 months. If I add a second quarter I will up it to 7 months, which I think is a bit better. Then I don't have to scramble to do all the traveling I want to do as well. I can be a bit more relaxed and really see things.

It hinges on two possibilities. One is that I am allowed to stay in the dorms over the winter vacation. I feel like this could probably work out, maybe? Or, Meredyth (I know I know I shouldn't be talking about it) is in England over the vacation and I go sleep on her floor for a few weeks... Because the one hitch in my plan is going to be a month long vacation over Christmas that I'm going to have to deal with finding a place to stay for, and I don't want to pay for like a hostel for a month or something...

I wish this would work. LIKE REALLY REALLY WISH.

Ok, I'm going to go read up on the program and see if I can figure anything out, and then run over to the abroad office to turn in my civ app.

Oh, god. PLEASE LET THIS WORK.

1 comment:

ms said...

DO IT DO IT DO IT
and in the event that i'm participating in the program which we've agreed not to speak about, we'll bum it over to Istanbul. seriously. like sleep in parks. you think i'm joking but i'm totally not.