Tuesday, January 8, 2008

16 books

Can someone please explain to me why I have 16 required books this quarter? And that is only for three classes. What the hell?!?

I mean seriously, the quarter is only 10 weeks long. 16 books? That is more than a book and a half a week. And I'm not talking short books either, I'm talking 300+ pages.

So far I've spent about $120 on my books, which is double what I've spent at any other time. Holy hell.

I guess the one plus is that the books are really cool, and that I should enjoy reading them, for the most part at least.

They are:

Intro To French Lit 2-L'age des Lumieres (French 20800)
-Turcaret, Lesage
-Lettres persanes, Montesquieu
-Le jeu de l'amour et du hasard, Marivaux
-Manon Lescaut, Prevost
-Candide, Voltaire (one of my favorites!)
-Le Neveu ce Rameau, Diderot
-Reveries, Rousseau
-Le Mariage de Figaro, Beaumarchais
War and the Nation State (Poli Sci 27600)
-Imperial Germany and the Great War, Chickering
-On War, Clausewitz
-War in European History, Howard
-The Tragedy of Great Power Politics, Mearsheimer (my professor)
-Russia's War, Overy
-The Great War, Tucker
-Origins of the First World War, Turner
Core Biology (Bio 10110)
-The Making of the Fittest, Carroll

So basically, if it seems like I don't have a life, it's probably because I'm busy reading one of these.

And seriously, if I get a booklist for International Studies, I'm going to cut someone.

No comments: