Friday, January 25, 2008

Why I Love My Mommy.

So I called my Mom earlier today to ask her if I could apply to two abroad programs and still be financially able to deal with it. She was all like OF COURSE. She said that she figured that I would end up applying to two programs, but that she didn't want to make a big deal about it. I thought she'd shoot me down, so this is pretty amazing. Actually I cried in the bathroom when I was on the phone with her. Partly out of excitement and partly out of sheer happiness. I LOVE MY MOM. She goes to bat for me all the time, and supports me like NONE OTHER.

The financial thing will still be a problem but my Mom said that experiences like this don't come around very often and that I need to take advantage of it. We can worry about the whole money thing later. Niiiiice.


So it's official. I'm going to apply to two abroad programs.

Well, I've already applied to Civ Abroad in the fall.

And now, I'm also going to apply to the International Studies program in the winter quarter.

BECAUSE I found out that I can stay in the dorms over the holidays FOR FUCKING FREE. Yeah, free.

I love my Mommy. It will be weird to be away from her for 7 months. I'll have to save up so I can buy her a ticket to come visit me.

No comments: