Sunday, January 20, 2008

Stuck.

“What do you expect to gain from the experience of living abroad?”



GOOD QUESTION.

I've been thinking on this question for the last 24 hours, and I have no idea how to answer it in less than 200 words. What do I want to gain for living abroad?

Hmmm... Well, I've lived in the MidWest for 20 years, so it would be really great to learn how another culture lives. Umm... I've always lived in a pretty dependent fashion, it would be a great experience to be completely independent. Let's see... I've always lived under American laws, so it would be cool to live under the jurisdiction of another government. There's the whole French factor, meaning I would be living in another language...

Gah, I don't know how the hell to answer this question. I've got three other questions I could answer instead, but for some reason I feel like I really need to answer THIS ONE.

I guess I'll have to sleep on it another night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! There are SO many reasons to go abroad! Although I think after the experience we will be able to see there are EVEN more than we realized! Well good luck with all your plans Nora :)

~Katie