Wednesday, March 12, 2008

On The Verge Of Something Wonderful?

Professor Morrissey had my French Lit Class over for dinner tonight. It was awesome. I'm pretty sure he is one of my favorite teachers of all time. Not because I've learned a lot from him (which I have) but because of how he interacts with his students (not in a dirty way). He views us as equals. Its actually really cool. He's like 50-60 years old (not sure) but he invites 20 college kids over for dinner and drinks, and then sits around and tells drunk stories with them. I think that's really cool. It's not like those teachers who view their students as inferior or something. He values our opinions, and he works hard to help all of us individually improve our French.

The dinner tonight was amazing. Not only was the food great--Prof. Morrissey made chicken and salad, and provided real cheese, baguette and wine--but the conversation was great too. I thought it was going to be incredibly awkward... going over to my professors for dinner. But it was great. About half my class studied in France either last quarter or last year, so a lot of the conversation was them sharing their stories of abroad. It made me want to be there SO BADLY. They all had great stories of Paris and all of the cool things the programs allow for, and I seriously CAN NOT WAIT.

Oh, and Professor Morrissey told me tonight that if I don't get into Civ I should tell him, and he'll help me out. He is head of the Paris Center after all...

So maybe I just got the guaranteed in I was looking for?

------------------------

Also: to get the title of this post I did a random shuffle on my iPod and picked the first song title that came up... fitting isn't it?

No comments: