Sunday, March 9, 2008

Back To Life... Back To Reality

Reflections on ChoMUN XI:

-The Holiday Inn at Merchandise Mart sucks... and they probably hate us as well. Not only did the maids wake us up at 7:30 everyone morning by knocking and barging into our room (seriously, do not disturb sign and all), they also refused to clean our committee room, which ended in our staff having to feel the wrath of an angry Secretariat after we asked repeatedly to get it done. On the other hand we did demand a corkscrew from them (and refused to pay the $2.75 service charge), we ordered more than our share of pillows from the pillow menu (but seriously, the U-shaped neck pillows were not ok), and we decided to order room service right when they were closing.

-College MUN kids are nerds. Seriously, they were more into moving their troops and preparing to attack Japan than they were about finding out who got the concubine pregnant. Bitch please.

-The Pearl Concubine told Greg Kamstra (who was playing the Emporer) that she was caring his child.... woahhh, awkard.

-Indian food is too over priced, and not large enough in quantity. On the other hand, Jamba Juice is amazing, and Hyde Park needs one STAT.

-Wet noodles are harder to break than dry ones.

-After a locust-cano erupted in Japan, China was asked to provide humanitarian aid in return for pokemon cards. This is completely acceptable.

-I'm probably going to fail all of my finals because I am pretty much asleep right now, and I've got hours and hours of homework to do (I'm also blogging). Oh well.

-Getting attacked by jumping vampires IS cool. Seriously. Kinda weird, but ultimately very cool.

-I can chew through metal bars... and did so to escape the Tower of London.

-My favorite quote from the entire weekend was from potential emporer Pulun as he was being questioned by the committee in regards to his possible ascension to the throne after the reigning emporer passed away. He was asked what his opinions were regarding the Boxer Rebellion. His response? "I support the sport, for sure."

-I guess I had a pretty good weekend. I'm just glad that China did not collapse and that unlike the Generalissimo of the Yangtze, I do not have crabs.


LOCUST-CANO


No comments: