Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Feeling The Pain From A Bad Idea

Ok, so they caught me.

The University that is. They caught me illegally downloading. I know they sent out all those e-mails trying to scare us from doing it, and they threatened us and everything during O-Week. But of course I didn't take them seriously. I know it was probably not a good idea to repeatedly use the University's kick ass wireless network to get my TV shows and movies and ok, music too. But seriously? I thought they were kidding when they were threatening us.

Apparently they weren't.

I've been removed from the wireless network (SUCK) until I met with Dean of Students (DOUBLESUCK) and sign a document saying I won't do it again or whatever. I really should be more afraid/upset about this, but for some reason I kind of think it's funny. I know I know, not a good attitude.

Will I continue to download when I get my internet back? Honestly, probably. But I'll be more careful about it so they don't catch me next time. I think I know the exact instant I was caught, and it was definitely a night when I wasn't being careful about covering my tracks up.

The only real downer from all of this is that finals start TOMORROW, and I am stuck using the macs in the dorm lab. I hate macs for one, and also, I'm stuck using my shitty flashdrive to print all of this. No fun. Worse time ever to get caught. I know it's my fault, but seriously can't I meet with the Dean like now?

Wow, I need an attitude adjustment. An A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E, attitude adjustment.

(Name that song and I will give you big monies)


ON ANOTHER NOTE: My tea incident isn't as bad as I thought it was... The only casualty was my K key, and that was my fault because I fucked it up when I was trying to get the tea out of my laptop. Other than that, everything is A-OK!

No comments: