Wednesday, May 21, 2008

NYC Day 5 Pictures


UNICEF Staff
Angela Wharton (Rapporteur), Parsa Sobhani (Chair) and I (Director) before committee started hanging out in the UN Building.


Presiding over UNICEF in the UN.
First, check out where we are. AMAZING. Behind us are the booths for the interpreters, and in the middle is where the transcribers sit. It was a pretty cool facility, and I'm glad we got to use it for committee. I'm on the left doing my director duties (reading/editing resolutions), Parsa is in the middle being chair, and Angela is on the right doing her thing (passing notes).


The Interpreter?
All of the booths for the interpreters. Impressive, no? On a slightly different note, I was in a movie. Well, I might be. The people who produced Mad Hot Ballroom and Spellbound were filming a documentary of our conference. I was on camera a few times, so we'll see if I make the cut. This is only the second film (after the Interpreter) to be filmed in the UN building.

Dinner in Bryant Park.
For the last night, this was absolutely perfect.

We Survived the Creeper '08
This was taken as the police pretty much made us wait in the lobby while they dealt with a creeper that followed us from 52nd and Broadway, through two subway rides, to our hotel at 42nd and Lexington. We survived the creeper in the end, and this photo documents it.


No comments: