Wednesday, May 21, 2008

NYC Day 1 Pictures

These pictures are all from my first day in New York. It was a pretty exciting day, and I definitely took a lot of pictures! These are the best of the best...

First time at Times Square.
The main building in this picture is the MTV studios. On the side of the street I was on there was a massive TV screen that was playing MTV. They weren't taping TRL when we were there, so unfortunately there were no screaming girls outside.



Ryan and I in Times Square.
Ryan is pretty much my MUN soulmate (to steal a term from my USG). We had a good time enjoying the insanity of Times Square.



30 Rockefeller Place
Being a big fan of 30 Rock I begged the group I was walking with to go to the Rockefeller Place. It was a lot different than it looks on the TV but it was still really cool to check out. Down towards the bottom of the picture is where the ice skating rink is in the winter. It was really cool to see this important facility for Network Broadcasting.


Ryan, Me, and Emily at 30 Rockefeller Place.
We figured we should take a picture with the monument to John D. Rockefeller seeing as how he put a lot of money into our University (actually he pretty much founded it himself). We made Liz (our MSU friend) take the picture because she isn't cool (pretentious) enough to be UofC.

My USG (ECOSOC) Group
Here is the majority of the staff that I spent most of the week with (especially when we were training). The guy in the yellow is Parsa, he was the chair for the committee I worked on, and the girl with red hair on his left shoulder is Angela who was the rapporteur for my committee. The picture was taken outside the UNA building.

No comments: