Wednesday, May 21, 2008

NYC Day 3 Pictures


Empire State Building
This was the centerpiece for the long walk I took. I thought it was pretty cool to get that close to one of the most famous skyscrapers in the world. And no, King Kong was not hanging off the top... that would have been cool though.


Street Hot Dog.
One of my goals for the trip was to eat a hotdog from a street vendor. I did, and it was delicious, and here is the proof.


The UN
When I got there the flags weren't up anymore , but I think it looks way cooler with the flags up so I stole one of Emily's pictures. The building featured is the GA Hall building, pretty cool.


Opening Ceremonies.
The man featured in the middle of the GA Hall Dais is Ban Ki-Moon, Secretary General of the United Nations. I will post part of his speech, because it was amazing to see him speaking while on his own turf. Gabriella (DSG) and Ravi (COS) are sitting on either side of him.


In the GA Hall.
So I had to usher on the balconies, but it was ok, because I managed to take a picture that was this cool. The GA Hall is absolutely incredible, albeit a bit outdated.


US Placard.
So yeah, this will be my seat one day. Definitely.

Staff Picture.
This is pretty much the entire UNAUSAMUN 2008 Staff. I'm somewhere on the right side. The staff was really cool, and it was a pleasure to get to know a lot of them.


Emily and I outside the UN.
Outside the UN there are a lot of statues that have been donated by different delegations over the years. This is one of the most famous statues. Emily was my roommate for the trip, and ew had a really good time hanging out.

No comments: