Wednesday, May 21, 2008

New York City Day One--Long Day of Traveling

This video was made while I was waiting for the other USG groups to get back from their dinners so I'd have someone to hang out with. At this point in the trip I was still a bit shy (I know...) and I was sticking pretty close to the other UofC kids. This day was a bit like the first day of summer camp... We got there, signed in, and were sort of overwhelmed and nervous. After that we went on a walk around the neighborhood (aka Midtown) and checked out the major sites, sort of like having a first tour of a summer camp. The evening was dominated with orientation, and silly get-to-know you exercises, also like summer camp. In the evening the different USG groups went out to dinner together. My group got real NYC pizza, it was fun.

A highlight of the day was seeing Times Square for the first time, and 30 Rockefeller Place (30 ROCK!).

No comments: