Friday, April 4, 2008

HP Community

I had an hour to kill today while waiting for my passport pictures to develop at the CVS, so I wandered down to Border's. I thought I'd grab a magazine and then get a cup of coffee at the cafe and let the time go by. When I got up to the cafe it was absolutely full of people. Most of them were older guys, all different races, and they were involved in several heated games of chess. It didn't look organized, but it looked like a lot of fun. I wonder how often they go up there and play. And how well they all know each other. I really liked the idea of planning chess with other members of the community. It kind of reminds me of the movies with the old guys playing in Central Park. It also kind of makes me wish that the students here at the UofC were more involved in the community. I wonder what would happen if I asked to play? Maybe I should try that sometime.

No comments: