Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Elm Lawn Sucks

According to the Camp of the Trails website the site for the camp I work at has moved to a different school. This is bad on so many levels...

1. The new school, Elm Lawn, is completely unfamiliar to me.

2. Elm Lawn is an extra mile from my house, which means riding my bike will take longer, which means I'll have to wake up earlier.

3. Elm Lawn is directly on the Madison Metro lines like Sauk Trail.

4. Elm Lawn does not have woods, it does not back-up to Lakeview Park, and the playground sucks... the one time I played there a girl fell off the monkey bars and broke both of her arms... bad omen.

5. Elm Lawn is further from the pool, but they will still make us walk. Furthermore, it requires crossing University Ave, and we all know that a certain male counselor who does not pay attention during long walks will probably get a kid hit by a car.

6. Elm Lawn is like a field. This means Denise will be able to come outside and see us really easily, which means minimal fucking around on school property.

Basically I'm really pissed off right now. I want my Sauk Trail back.

The new plan is to find as many awesome parks as I can that are nearby that I can escape to with the children, because I am NOT hanging out at Elm Lawn.

No comments: