Sunday, December 7, 2008

Fin de Trimestre

Well, I'm done with part one. It's hard to believe, it all went by so fast. In a lot of ways it feels like I just go here (which is sort of true, its only been 10 weeks). All of my classmates are on their ways out of town, with the eventual direction of the US, and I'm not quite at my halfway point. It's been a bit hard to understand. Everyone has gotten really nostalgic, like 'oh this is my last baguette' and obviously for me it's not. It's definitely been weird, but I'm glad I'm staying on for another 10 week session.

The program itself was really rewarding. My french is way better than it was when I got here, and I really challenged myself to work at a very high level. I love the atmosphere of the Center, and when I go home in March, it will be weird to be back at a school with 5,000 people (as opposed to 50 at the Center).

Exams and papers passed by ok. I liked that I didn't have a "finals week" instead taking an exam at the end of every three week unit. It was less stressful at the end, which was fab. And now I'm done with everything (while everyone in Chicago is just getting into it).

So what's next?

Well, over the next month I will be spending hardly any time in Paris, instead traveling extensively throughout Western Europe. I've got three seperate trips planned:

Trip #1: December 7th (tonight) -- December 23rd

Eurail adventure through the Iberian Penninsula. I will be going to six major cities (with potential day trips throughout) : San Sebastian, Spain. Lisbon, Portugal. Madrid, Spain. Valencia, Spain. Barcelona, Spain. Nice, France.

Trip #2: December 26th -- January 3rd

New Year's trip with my friend Paul through Italy. Florence, Italy. Rome, Italy. Naples, Italy.

Trip #3 January 9th -- January 11th

Weekend trek to Germany with my friend Matt to visit where he studied last spring. Freiburg, Germany.

It should be the adventure of a lifetime!

See you at the end, with potentially the biggest blog updates ever!

Love,

Nora

No comments: