Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sortir

So going out is not necessarily my thing. I like to hang out inside and chill. I did decide, however, that since I am in Paris, I need to make an effort and do more. So I went out last night. It was fun. In France its 18 to be allowed into a bar or club, so we hoped on the metro and headed to La Bastille. There is a great street off of the train that has a ton of different types of bars on it. With a group of 12 (a little too big by half I think) we went to the "Indian Connection." It was nice to hang out in a bar, but because it was Friday night it felt a little crowded, hot, and fake? Only in that a lot of the people that were hanging around were sort of creepers (not from my group). We got drinks (just a coke for me...), and paid way too much. My decision on going out is that Friday is not the best night, and 11pm is too late (got to get happy hour prices). I did have fun, and I would love to explore more of La Bastille (particularly the Bar des Families which several people have recommended).

No comments: