Monday, August 4, 2008

Wisconsin Summer

I find comfort in what has become a regular two days here in Wisconsin, Sundays and Mondays. For some reason the goings on of these two days is, to me at least, very Down Home Wisconsin, and I sort of love it.

Sunday nights is Softball at Bowling Green. I don't even play on the team, but I've been going to watch my friends play for the last three years. I love how po dunk it is. Sloppy, mid-thirties, fat men and women with a pitcher of beer and a team to cheer for. I love just going and laughing. Laughing at the scene, laughing at where I'm from, and laughing at how awful my friends play (sometimes).

Mondays its Team Trivia at the Lube, Quaker Steak and Lube that is. We go sit in the smoky bar and eat spicy chicken and huge brownies while playing other teams in Trivia. I love that we are the loud group of kids in the back corner that are actually kind of good, save for the sports questions (who gives a shit about football and baseball anyways). I also love that we pay like $5 because we know everyone that works there and we get a discount, and yeah, free chicken.

Its going to be said to see the po dunk summer go, but of course I've got a big adventure coming next... Paris. Until then, it will be boring summer, as most of my friends are heading back to school in the next couple of weeks, and I'm just, JUST, hitting the halfway point of my summer.

No comments: