Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Little Stuck

I'm trying to formulate vague ideas of what I want to do over my Winter Break. I have about three and a half weeks all to myself, with the whole of Europe at my feet. The only for sure plan is that I'm buying a Eurail pass, although I don't know which one...

So anyways, I need help deciding where I want to go. Catherine gave me good advice about Spain and Portugal, which are musts for me... and Matt gave me some ideas about Europe east of France, Italy in particular. But where the hell am I actually going to go?

The only for certain right now is London and Dublin in November... trips I want to book in the next month and a half so that I have tickets in hand before leaving the good ole' US of A.

Further, I'm thinking of saving Amsterdam, Alsace, and Belgium for long weekend trips during my two programs. Meaning, all formulations should be south of about Lyon. Or considerably further east than Strasbourg.

Here is a tentative list that I came up with at the pool today... in probable order of attack:

-San Sebastien, Spain
-Porto, Portugal
-Lisbon, Portugal
---This is where, IF I decide to do Morocco, it fits
-Madrid, Spain
-Barcelona, Spain
-Nice, France
-Monaco/Monte Carlo
-Rome, Italy
-Venice, Italy
---AND THEN THE STUCK POINT, where to next? I can maybe catch a Ryanair flight just about anywhere, or I can use the Eurail pass to the next city on the invisible list.

The other problem is that I'd prefer to be in Paris for Christmas... which falls smack in the middle of the 3.5 weeks... so I need a logical stopping point... grrr... I don't like being stuck like this.

No comments: