Saturday, August 23, 2008

End of Camp; Summer Rages On

Yesterday was the last day of camp. In a lot of ways I am really glad camp is over. So I might have willingly gone back this summer knowing that I was probably not making a good decision, but still... it was a pretty awful summer. The kids were the same, but some of the staff just could not handle it. At all. I'm not saying that they all sucked or anything, it just seemed like we couldn't keep our shit together this summer. And then they all started leaving and it became the biggest shitshow ever.

I'm not committed to going back next summer, and I'm not saying no yet either. Hopefully (fingers crossed) I will be able to find a good job oriented internship next summer, but if not I know that they will take me back in a heartbeat at After School.

That said my summer still continues to rage on... I have got more than a month still until I board a big AirBus for Paris, so until then you've got to believe that I'm not going to be doing anything because a) It's summer, b) I'm now unemployed, c) there is nothing else to do.

No comments: