Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fourth of July Fireworks, In My Body

Ok the title of the blog sounds kind of weird. But its sort of fitting. I guess?

The short story is that I spent a large portion of my Fourth in Urgent Care getting tested like you wouldn't believe for every disease under the sun. The good news is so far everything is negative.

The long story is this: I went for a bike ride yesterday morning with my stepdad. We were planning on going to Mt. Horeb, maybe 25 miles, and back. We were going to stop in Mt. Horeb for lunch and a short recoup before going home. Problem was, I totally bonked at Cross Plains, only 10 miles into the 50 mile day. I had absolutely no energy whatsoever, which was weird because I had just eaten a big breakfast and slept for 10 hours the night before. It was a recurring theme. This summer I've been a lot weaker than normal. So my mom came out and got me in CP and drove me to the Urgent Care. I then went through three blood tests, a urine test, a heart scan, and about six nurses and doctors up in my business. And so far everything is negative. Although I am waiting to hear back about mono, which would actually make a lot of sense.

But yeah, fireworks on the ride yesterday, when I pretty much broke down. Seriously I was delirious I was so tired. I'm ok now... just bedridden until Monday morning when I have to figure out if I want to go to camp or not... otherwise I've got a doctor's note to get out of two days!

So yeah, it was a great Fourth. I slept all afternoon and then hobbled around to watch fireworks in the evening before passing out again.

I did manage to wake up at 7:30 this morning for the Tour though. Anything for the Tour.

Maybe I have Tour fever?

No comments: