Friday, November 7, 2008

7th Week Vacation...

...officially started 10 minutes ago when Sylvie at the UChicago Center e-mailed me to confirm that she had received a copy of my final dissertation for Civ-2. Which means that I now have over a week off.

What am I going to do with a whole week of no obligations (including no homework!)? That's easy...

Tomorrow at 2:00pm I am flying to LONDON. I'm going over the channel to visit a friend from Chicago who is spending the year there. I'm still working out exactly what I'm going to do while I'm there, but I have three solid days of sight-seeing (not counting tomorrow and the day I leave). I do want to go to the Tower of London, and the Natural History Museum. And I want to see Big Ben and the Peter Pan statue in Hyde Park (I think it's there at least).

Then Wednesday morning I am flying to DUBLIN in Ireland. I've always wanted to go to Ireland, and I have a friend from High School who is there for the semester. Figure I could mix a visit in with some tourism! I'm going to play Dublin by ear too, see how exhausted I get in London, and then just sort of figure it out as I go along.

I get back to Paris on Saturday evening, which leaves a nice long day to relax and probably catch up on my TV. And then three more weeks of classes (Civ-3) and then I'm on Winter Break. I'm not sure exactly what is planned for those three weeks, but I know that two of the three weekends are three days long, so we might throw in a trip to Amsterdam or Eurodisney... or both? It sort of depends on how much money we spend during 7th Week. Hopefully not too much? Although I have left room in my bag... just in case ;-)

Anyways, I'll be back in a week with lots of stories (hopefully) and lots and lots of pictures. I'm actually thinking I might start compiling a slide show for when I get back... maybe do a little presentation or something? We'll see when March comes around (it also depends on how many thousands of pictures I have...)

Au revoir!

-Nora

No comments: