Saturday, January 24, 2009

20 Things

Inspired by a random trend going through facebook that is something like post 15-25 (varies by person) things about yourself and then tag other people... blah blah blah... I thought I would write a list of 20 Things about myself. Sort of to see where my head is tonight. And sort of because I figured why the hell not?

Here goes:

1. I am currently living in Paris, France and I don't want to leave. But I have to. I'm almost out of money and my visa is going to expire.

2. I am sort of dreading going back to Chicago. There is nothing there pulling me in. No reason to be there other than school. And that isn't a very good reason.

3. I have no real ambitions for this summer. I want to live with my parents. Save money. Do nothing strenuous. Be a kid.

4. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. All I know is that I like international relations and managing things. I don't know what this adds up to or where it takes me. Somewhere.

5. Based on the last four I appear to only want to bum around and travel. I guess that sums me up ok.

6. I can't live without my bike. It's literally killing me here in Paris without my wheels. One of the first things I'm doing when I return to the States is riding. Fuck it.

7. I go on more about cycling than anyone wants to hear, which is a pity. I wish there were more people who got cycling that I could talk to. It's not fun wanting to talk about a race when no one gets what you're saying.

8. I drink coffee like it's water.

9. I'm probably the worst-read student at the University of Chicago. I haven't read anything important. I can't even pretend.

10. After my bike and my family the thing I miss the most from the States is Mexican food. Taco Bell for the sheer cheapness of it, Chipotle for the amazingness, and my mom's for the... yeah.

11. I used to be a runner, but I wasn't that good. I like to tell people that I am a triathlete now, but in reality I've only done one race so I don't know if that counts.

12. My two favorite bands at present are Augustana and McFly. They aren't similar at all, but both of them make me feel good when I listen to them.

13. I'm a bit lonely. I think it's because I don't know a lot of people that I can relate to. I guess that means I'm unique, but sometimes I wish there were some people out there that had the same brain as me.

14. I love Survivor too much for my own good. I almost applied to the next season but got too lazy to do the 20 page application and the video. But if I were on it, I would win. Promise.

15. I don't really want to grow up. I wish I could be like 19 forever. Too bad I'm 21 now.

16. I have a very strange lingo. I try not to use it when I'm around UofC kids because I feel like they are above it, but I talk like I'm a 18 year old high school boy on the west coast or something. I have a lot of strange words I use.

17. My favorite films are Breaking Away and Broken English. For different reasons. Breaking Away is about a kid who loves cycling and no one really gets it. Broken English the main character is called Nora and she is a bit like me. Its almost the story of my life, but not.

18. I feel like I've lost touch with most of my old friends. I think it's partly due to my lack of cell phone use, and partly due to the fact that I'm too lazy to actively see how they are doing.

19. I didn't realize how stereotypically American I was until I got to France. I am so flippin American its not even funny.

20. I'm scared for the future. But also dead excited for it too.